Not sure if this is the correct place to ask.

I have some phone lines with static. I believe it's an internal problem.

In my warehouse I have some kind of patch panel which our old network consultant installed. Long story short we fired him awhile ago. This connects to the outlets throughout our office.

We've been in this office about 3 or 4 years now. We have an Electra Elite 48 system with DTU16D phones. We have 4 lines.

My phone has static usually on all 4 lines. It can last for days, can last for weeks. I usually don't even use my phone. I turn around to use the desk behind me, which is an inconvience and then people can't walk by.

Sometimes one other phone in the office gets static also.

Today my phone is okay, but another is having trouble that doesn't normally have trouble. She says it's only on lines 1 and 2.

I've already tried swapping out the cable from phone to wall. I've tried switching the phone with one that is always good and that one gets static, so that's why I think it's an internal issue.

The panel in the back is labeled which phone line is which. Do you think there's some kind of cheap tester I can get to isolate my trouble? I'll go look at the panel to see if the connections are secure, not frayed or anything, and not touching any others. I was just trying to avoid calling a repair service if I didn't have to.