O.K. so I hooked up my laptop with the serial cable and rebooted my phone system. I watched the boot sequence scroll by in hyperterminal. When I tryed to connect through EZaccess it would get to the point where it tries to verify the password and it would error out saying that the password could not be verified or something is wrong with the connection. I can login fine through the phone.
This happened once before with my old laptop. It turned out that the flow control was set to "None". Everything started working when I changed it to Xon/Xoff. Needless to say, I have tried every connection setting variation I could think of. Currently I am set to 38400, 8, N, 1, Xon/Xoff in my COM1 settings. I rebooted the laptop and the phone system each time. I haven't found another cable yet to rule out the cable. Any suggestions?
So luckily (or so I thought) I have an NSP installed. I go to function 82 and verify the IP address is set to the default 192.168.248.1. So I put myself on the same subnet and try to connect through EZaccess. EZ can't connect. I ping the NSP and don't get a reply. The link light is on and the acctivity lights are flashing away. I go back to function 82 and notice that the MAC address is all zeros. I think that shouldn't be that way.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!