Bill,

We STILL have AT&T at this writing. Our contract ran out with them last October and our rates went sky-high at that time - tripling in costs. I contacted AT&T to renew the contract (it was very difficult to find a "rep" for us as AT&T has downsized. I was able to contact my previous AT&T rep, who is in a totally different field now, but he told me he would try to find a rep. Finally, someone did call me and I asked them to propose a new contract. I did the same with Bell South. AT&T never got back with me and BS was so aggressive, promising a care-free switchover and great rates. We signed a contract with Bell South.

We are STILL waiting for them (BS)to do whatever it is they need to do to get us switched over (and it hasn't been "care-free" as they said it would be. They are asking numberous questions now, one of which was the AMI question. They also wanted to know all the telephone numbers our company has. That's funny, because they send us a bill every month which lists all our phone numbers. Now they want our vendor to be present during switchover (at a cost of $100/hour - which when doing their proposal to us, they did not mention that we would have to do this - she said NOTHING would be required on our part). HA!!!!

Our CSU is a ACD Kentrox Serv II. Our T1 is a 24 channel and all channels are set for voice. Does this tell you anything? Do you think I need a vendor on site? If BS does everything correctly, when we do the physical switch in the equipment room, everything should work correctly, right? And, if for some reason it doesn't, can't BS physically switch it back to the old connection until they correct their error? My previous vendor keeps telling me that it is not necessary for a vendor to be there because all that is needed is switching from one box to another. Does this make sense to you?

Thanks for replying once again.