Same old story, just a different customer.

The customer has an original ESI IVX system. Yes, I know it is old but still reliable. Everything was working fine till recently. In the beginning the customer had 6 lines provided by local service provider via copper from the street. CLEC enters the game and takes over service and now we have a T-1 feeding a CISCO 2430 channel bank with 6 lines broken out to copper.

Technical Problem: Sometimes when a call comes in there is not a sufficient signal created for the system to recognize it as an incoming call, then at other times the signal is sufficient.

Guess what happens next? You guessed it,

MBSWWYPBX

In most cases the channel bank is located in the same room as the phone system. Not in this case. The channel bank is located a considerable distance away. Local testing by qualified tech did verify that there was significant voltage loss between the output point (channel bank) and the receive point (telephone system) that I suspect to be the problem.

Just to add the on site techs are aware that this system is polarity sensitive and have terminated appropriately.

If anyone has had any experience in these issues I would like to hear it. A vendor meet is scheduled soon and the finger pointing will begin.

Myself & JWRacedog appreciate any input you may have.