Ok i am having a weird issue and i do not know what is causing this issue nor how to resolve so i am soliciting for some expertise.

The local carrier decided to go from 7 digit dialing to 10. No big deal right? Well for the most part everything transitioned on our system fine. The digital phones work as designed and when you dial 9 to get and outside line and then dial the 10 digits it works fine.

Now the weird part. When you try the same thing from an analog port we have on the system (a fax machine) 10 digits do not work. It gives an error at the carrier. It is not the fax machine itself as we hooked up an analog phone to the port and it did the same thing. Since the local carrier is ATT they won't even port a monitor on the lines to see what digits they are getting when we make the call (making the troubleshooting more difficult.) I suspect that something in the phone system could be dropping the areacode when dialing on that particular line? I do not think the calls though are going out a particular line since when i look at the LD bill the calls to known fax numbers (our corp office) show up on various lines.

We have tried changing the following:
Changed class 2 item 17 to not use and that caused all LD and local to stop working

Changed class 7 item 3 port 63 from 9 to blank and put 9 in port 1. LD stopped working on the line.

i am at my wits end on what the issue is.

Help me obe wan you're my only hope!!!!