Originally posted by upstateny:
I think that is exactly what they, and most phone (not computer) vendors assume ..... you will be able to get much tighter integration between the sites.

Seems like if someone is doing a multi site solution it only makes sense to have the same equipment at all sites.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in some of these sales meetings when the cisco salesperson tries to tell customers that their system will integrate with a new cisco .... connect maybe... but not integrate :scratch:
i would be more interested in forklifting the entire iwatsu system out than installing a single new branch on iwatsu. Unfortunately, it's rather difficult to get $200k just because I dislike iwatsu. Our cisco sales team was straight up when they told us they knew they could pass calls, but not necessarily other features like caller id.

It would have been nice if iwatsu had designed for interoperability as other vendors do. They implemented the standard, but didn't take the extra step to allow caller id to send station id on the trunk. Right now I'm just ranting, hopefully in the future if anyone is considering an iwatsu system they will read this thread and realize that they be locked in to a single vendor if they buy it.