I am not offering any product that takes hours to restore when it crashes and requires me to keep a bunch of parts in stock. I do not want an external server for Call Center, reports or other enhancements and I do not want to unplug and plug it back up half the times I am called to fix it.
So you don't stock any parts for TDM Systems? Or am I to assume their magical white boxes have somehow less swappable parts then a VoIP's white box? Or are you saying that the network switch is this extraordinary increase in parts count?

That whole argument seems wrong for some reason. Every time I think of a TDM system, I think of the chassis/CPU, CO cards, expansion cards, then feature cards (like VM/etc). That also isn't including the ancillary devices I usually see spread around the backboard, like paging interfaces, voicemail sometimes, MOH devices, call loggers/recorders, etc.

Most of the VoIP systems I see (granted, I see them at vendor booths in trade-shows) are usually one box that does the majority of it. They seem to have very few (if any) internally selectable or even swappable parts, and about the only external devices they use seem to be a paging interface and maybe MOH (Sometimes that's just a radio).

You seem to be painting with a very broad brush. I won't even go into the whole call center subject as I could talk ad-nauseum about that (unfortunately). All I'll say is that some of our happiest clients come from the commercial PBX market (both TDM and VoIP).

It should work 99% of the time and can be fixed within 10 min after the customer calls in a problem even if it is Super Bowl Sunday.
Now that's just silly. Neither TDM or VoIP will provide that to your customers unless you carry a complete compatible spare of their entire system in your inventory, throw it in the truck every time you roll out to them, and have a recent back-up of configurations including voicemail. And that's even assuming the part that is broke can be diagnosed and swapped out in 10 minutes upon your opening of the closet.

Guess I should have upgraded to that 30-foot pole.