Was hoping some of you outside plant guys could help with a problem. The tower side of our biz is currently in the process of replacing the building Lightening Protection system of a 13 story condo that was damaged by huricane Ivan. To make a long story short, they have been through numerous General Contrators and the place is a mess. What was left of the roof was demo'd and replaced with one of the rubber membrane type roofs. Problem is they have covered over the 6 downleads that go to ground with the rubber membranes. I have the fortunate task of going around with the roof man and letting him cut holes in the roof trying to find the original downleads. Now for the question, is there any type tool I could use to help me locate the downleads withought tearing up the enitre roof? We have one of those undergound type tracers we bought at an auction, but I tired it out on the ground ring of the tower here at our shop, and of course the fact that the cable is grounded is killing the Tone. I'm not well versed in the use of the tracer, and after months of trying to find a manual for the thing, I found it was'nt much help either. The only thing I can think of, is I am able to actually find where the downleads are tied to ground, dissconnect it from ground, then should be able to attach the "Toner" there. Any tips from you outside wire types would be greatly appreciated, I do not relish the thought of having them tear the roof to pieces. Man, this is how Ev must feels while posting.......might get used to this. Just trying to give as much info as possible. Thanks.