Reading this thread got me thinking about how fundamentally different practices still co-exist in various parts of the old Bell System...

I haven't installed a conventional phone line in years, but my understanding is that in POTS world in NYC, the MPOE is still 12 inches into the customer prem, residence or business, do or die. Everything after that is billed separately as inside wiring.

No one in their right mind leaves anything in the basement, *unless* it's one of those buildings where the riser is owned by the building itself and we are not allowed to touch it...

Special circuits go by a whole different set of rules which can seem asinine at times...

Ever since the paper time sheets were replaced by PDAs 5-6 years ago, demarc info is a requirement on both installation and repair work at closeout. Now, correct demarc is a whole another ball of wax...

When I was doing work that involved CLEC orders, we always gave out demarc to CLECs over the phone at closeout as well...and were required to tag every circuit. Not that everyone went with that...but I still bump into my old tags from 7-8 years ago on occasion...

My experiences only...

"...Time moves slowly and it goes so fast..."

(Sandy Denny)