I mentioned the Barrier Bar in another post and I would like to share some other protection devices that are out there.

Another great unit that some of you may not have seen before:
https://sentrol.inherent.com/products/PRD_Det_about.asp?PID=2100&ListID=27
The Sentrol Magnapull is an armored cable that can be ordered in different lengths with a reed switch sealed in the end of it. The magnet is available in a surface mount or a flush mount style. These units are great for protecting outdoor items such as barbeques, bikes, trailers, motorcycles, lawn mowers, etc.

You install having the armored cable come out of your house or garage. You can install the magnet on the device needing protection (the surface mount mag has a hidden screw on it so if the mounting screws are removed, the mag stays on the device and trips the alarm). A better way to install it is to have the magnet installed on your house so that the cable comes out, loops around the protected device, and plugs back into the house again. By doing it this way, when the device is away (your motorcycle for example) you can plug the unit back in and still use the alarm without having to bypass that zone.

If someone trys to steal the device, it pulls the reed out of the mag holder and trips the alarm. The cable is stainless steel and cutting it will also cause a trip. BTW, I have these installed on my ladder rack protecting my fiberglass ladders on the roof of my van wired to the van's alarm. They work great.