Well so far, all wires have been installed except for the adaptor and speaker. I have read either here or on other sites that is suggested to use 18 gauge wire the speaker and the adaptor. Is this really necessary ? My old Surgard and my PC1555mx (Power632) both used 22 gauge wire (double-up, red with green and black with yellow). The one I'm installing now is the PC1616. I see that almost all installations of similar alarm systems by alarm companies do the same... Any bad effects of doing so ? Probably not since common practice. My wires haven't burned since they were installed. Tomorrow, I'll test the wires. Then I have the scary part of installing the baseboard and quarter-round. Hopefully I don't pierce any wires. Yeah I know, I should hide my wire and should avoid running wires that low but in a finished house with full insulation, I had very option other than taking out the baseboard and drilling a hole in the stud. Once baseboard is up. Will retest the 1000' of alarm wire, 500' for ethernet and 500' of RG6. That's a lot of wires for a 5 1/2 apartment on 2 floors !