Huh, now you made me look at the manual and you are absolutely right, that is what it says but it's in the text of the instructions, not in the specs. Thing is though they have "Class 1 wiring must be used" printed next to the outputs and that's what everybody sees. Nothing about only with bridged mono.

I suppose if it became an issue you could drag out the manual but according to the NEC it has to explicitly say that you can use CL2 (or CL3) wiring and I am not seeing that. The rule according to the NEC is that the wiring requirement must be printed on the unit and if it says nothing you have to assume Class 1. In this case Crown only says in the manual that you have to use Class 1 if you configure the amp in bridged mono where the outputs will be more than 100v. They don't say what the wiring requirement is for 70.7v. So because they say nothing we are back to Class 1 and that's what it says on the back panel so what's an inspector going to think even if you show him the manual?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.