<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 5years&counting:
I'm just curious what everyone thinks about the SBC purchase of AT&T? I guess the obvious thing that stands out is the irony of a "Baby Bell" buying "Ma Bell", after "Ma Bell" was broken up because it was too big. What other comments and thoughts have others come up with? They keep commenting on our network news that this is bad for competition. Duh! The only good thing I see coming out of it so far is that those poor saps who let AT&T take over their local service have now maybe been saved, by being brought back to the local carrier.

Funny. I guess this is progress!
</font>

Actually I think SBC is getting the hollow shell of AT&T. Contrary to the news reports from AT&T management a vast majority of the traffic handled by AT&T still is moved by 4E switches, old cranky and currently unreplaceable. The fun part mes from the fact the current management at AT&T has managed to lay off all the technical people that designed and programmed the control systems for the 4E switches. Good look to SBC if it wants to make any changes to intergrate SBC network and the AT&T rtnr network.