Paging system from hell...I've been following advise and started to get somewhere. I took out the 5 volume controls (I found one with reversed wiring that probably started this all). I reviewed the main section of the store and got 3 speakers going after checking wiring and the speaker connection. I leave it on for the store staff to monitor. They say the volume starts to go up and when they go to adjust the master on the amp the sound drops out and doesn't come back.

Could all speakers be fried? I know that 2 zones downstairs have static/garbled sound and know those need to be replaced. They aren't hooked up though. Just the 3 upstairs with a straight run.

It would be great to get the Sandman answer but I don't do enough to justify $475.

It makes sense to look at each component individually. I've been assuming the new amp is fine but am wondering about that now. I had it driving the old config. Could that now be damaged and seem to work for a bit?

Again, thanks for all the responses...it really helps a guy think he's not crazy after all.

Systems>Process>Service>Success