OK,

Last post about this until I get the intercom unit from Sam (Thanks, Sam!).

I found another manual for my KSU, which had some slightly more specific strapping options. I followed them, and now here is what happens:

I hooked a voltmeter between R48/T5 and each signal output. I didn't see anything on 1, 2 or 3, but when I got to 4, the meter shows approx 18.5 volts when 4 is pushed. Also when 3 is pushed. Thinking maybe I had a keyset that was "out of tune" I hooked up a rotary. Same thing happened when dialing 3 or 4.

But no matter, I thought... I don't really mind if 2 buttons will signal 1 station; at this point I have only 2 keysets installed.

But, of course, I don't get off that easy. When I hook a buzzer to the terminals, I get nothing; almost as if there isn't enough currrent to drive the buzzer. Leaving the voltmeter in parallel with the buzzer shows zero when 4 is pressed.

Hooking the buzzer directly between LG and R28/T6 gets a very definite buzz, so there's nothing wrong with them. I have some buzzers with red leads, some with blue. Both colors seem to work OK at 18v.

So now I'm almost positive it's got to be a bad card. Thought I'd throw this out there for any possible comments though.

Thanks everyone, your help/comments are much appreciated!

- Matt