Yep, I sent him an email asking the dimensions.

At least from the left edge of the amphenol card, over to the right edge of the bell.

If it's greater than 16" (actually a bit less, I think the 16" standard is on center), I'll have my nephew build a box to mount it in.

And now to take this completely off topic -

As far as notching studs... no worries there. I don't do that. Ever.

The previous owner of my house decided to recess his big screen TV into the rec room wall.

I had to gut the rec room, as I had to replace the lower 1/3 of ALL structural framing around the house (due to bad siding that absorbed and retained water instead of repelling it). You could literally grab a 2x4 and watch it crumble to dust in your hands.

Anyway.... after gutting the rec room, I took a look at where he had cut the studs to recess his TV.

He used a 2x4 laid flat for a header; and apparently a keyhole saw to cut the studs, and near as I can tell, eyeballed where to cut them, as some were shorter than others, and none of them were a square cut.

No problem! He just grabbed some popsicle sticks to fill in the gap. I'm not kidding. Freaking popsicle sticks.

Where the gap was too large for popsicle sticks, the studs were just left dangling.

Oh, one other small detail.

The wall he cut into (removing about 1/3 of it).... was a load bearing wall.

Between the dry rot and his handywork, to this day I don't understand why this house remained standing.