Sam and Aurthur, and anybody else with an opinion, question about punch down. In SWB territory, and pretty much everywhere else I've seen 'older' work, the pairs come in UNDER the clip and 'wrap up', as opposed to coming in OVER the clip and 'wrapping down', so to speak. I think I figured out why, it's easier to punch a group of pairs down going top to bottom on the block, if the pairs come in under and 'wrap up'. Yes, No, B/S? First time I saw it, I had already learned to come in on top and 'wrap down'. Confused the h-ll out of me when my pair colors were off half a pair, until I figured out what was happening!
And the cable color code 'ditty' is not as entertaining as the resistor color code. I learned 2 ways, Air Force: Biloxi Booze Rots Our Young Guts, But Vodka Goes Well. Other way: Bad Boys R-pe Our Young Girls, But Violet Gives Willingly. Oh yeah, Black, Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet, Gray, White. (And Silver, Gold) Or 0 thru 9
John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.