i have seen this issue. i have never had to do a cold start to correct it though. the vm takes more time to boot up than the system so usually a power cycle works but be patient. it may take a few tries.

the only time i have had customers get a "no legal member" error is after a send/receive was performed via a laptop. this happens because when the sytem was installed the tech started to prog. on a laptop (without receiving the default prog. copy with the voice mail card installed) and sent in his copy that does not have the hunt group (253 with 465-472 a members)included. the quick fix is the prog. hunt grp 253 through the phone correctly and then do a receive to your laptop.

keep in mind that if your copy on the laptop does not have 253 grp established you will be sending in programming with no members. again this issue only happens after a recent tech. visit or if the cust.has a copy of the rmp or possibly after power failures. i hope this helps and i explained it clear enough. good luck.