Originally posted by Arthur P. Bloom:
I used a 24 Vac relay to switch the ICM buzzer lead to GEN, and thence onto the Ring side of a 400D card, which operated the CMB ckt and the line appearance flashing lamp; and a 401A KTU, capacitively coupled to the ICM "T&R" of the ICM so the stations could have a balanced talk pair. (Often the lobby ICM was unbalanced.)

To do it right, it required two slots, so many times, I used a 259 KTU to get the extra slots, or replaced a shoebox with a 501.
Arthur -

Very slick. Actually very, very slick.

I could see where you could make a few shekels off that gig.

Actually, wasn't there a KTU that converted an ICM circuit's 4 wires to a 2 Wire OPX? Maybe I'm confused

While you're puzzling that one - I have a very slightly related story (It really has very little to do with your story but it's still a good story - and it is slightly related). laugh

I once wired an intercom extension off a PAX board onto a spare position on a 565 set. Nothing special, except that it was the President of Bond's Clothing Stores office. We supplied the PAX, ITT supplied the PBX and we had dueling phones in his office. To make life easier for him I added the line to the K-Plan, but he still wanted to keep the CV. All went well till I went to convert the PAX 500 set to A lead control. That's when I found that the Blk/Yel pair in the mounting cord was wired to a radio transmitter in the set (the pair was being used as an antenna).

Someone was bugging his office.

What a bad day I had with Security and the Police.

I was tied up all day. My boss kept saying: "Why did you say anything? You should have just shut up and closed the phone."

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"