I like so many I see here, have been given the task of working on a Cisco Call Manager. As you can see from my name, 1948 was when I was born. So that makes me a old telephone man (some might say VERY old).
I been able to handle the basic adds, moves and changes on the IP phones. I have of course been looking at the tech manunals and they are helpful.
But as will many tech manunals after someone does a translation for you it's, "is that what they mean" why didn't they just say so.

What I have
Cisco 4.3 (1) es 18.1
database CCM302

I have one Publisher and one Subscriber
From I can understand this is the only way Cisco we support the sytem.
What is purpose of these 2 servers? I know you can have a number of subscribers. So I am thinking the Publisher is the main or master server and tie all the Subscribers together. I am guessing also that the IP phone are "connected" to the Subscriber sever as well as the trunks and other gateways. So would the Publisher be able to provide any service to the IP phones should the Subscriber fail?

Some of the things I have run into is accessing station feature via a dial code or softkey. Things like call forward Busy or No answer. They seem to have to be done via the Administation web page. Or is it that they are allowed or not allowed in some part of the systems progranning.

Well I know I have ask alot and I thank anyone and everyone that can help (THANKS)

I do have one question about call forward busy.
I set the busy trigger to 1
I entered the destination number
I entered the Calling Search Space to the same as the number I an forwarding.
And it does work.
Any ideas where I went wrong?
Thanks