i have some 79xx series VOIP phones that are acting VERY strange ... if you are familiar with these series phones once you plug them into the PoE switch they look for a TFTP server with the call manager files to aquire all the info they need to work .... i have them set up on a 2620xm router running IOS c2600-ipvoicek9-mz.124-15.T14 along with call manger 4.3. i have hooked up and fixed over 50 of the same series phones with out a problem.

Now here is my issue ... when you goto press the SETTINGS button on the phone you are allowed to go into the settings of the phone to change all the ROUTER,TFTP,ETC info to allow you to connect your phone to the CALL MANAGER or you can set up DHCP and it will aquire the info automaticly. When i press the SETTINGS button NOTHING HAPPENS =( .... i can reset the phone to factory defaults by holding the # button then 12345678*0# then 2 not saving the info and i can hit the retart buttons which is * 6 SETTINGS buttons together and that will let me restart the phone but i cannot manualy set up this phone to do anything .. it will not aquire info form my DHCP server and will not find my TFTP server at all =( the phone SETTINGS BUTTON does not respond at all ..only when restarting the phone.

these phones are SCCP but i cannot get into the settings to fig out which firmware they are running =(

i have been all over the net and have found nada on this and how to resolve it ... hoping someone here has had a simular issue and can help =)

thanks for any and all help