Thanks for everyone's replies. Here's a bit more info based on your replies...

- Yes, this is a hobby system in service at my residence.

- I mentioned the distinctive ring CO cadence only beacuse we had that when I was a kid in the 1970's. I do have 2 POTS CO lines today, but its a different exchange, and the CO only provides a single ring. (In fact when I had the 2 lines turned up in 1997, I inquired about distinctive ring on line 2, but the Verizon CS rep thought I had 2 heads.) I know the CO switch can do it because Verizon had an optional service where you could have 2nd phone number for one line, and the 2nd phone number would ring down with 2 short rings. (Of course the Verizon CS rep had no protocol to order this unless I purchased a 2nd phone number).

- I like Arthur's suggestion to circuit the 118 output and make my own cadence. I'm thinking of relay with a delayed coil latching time.

- I like Ed's suggestion to drop in a single pole relay on the "LF" output. Sweet!

- Another option is to use the CO candence for line 1 (with a non-CA ringer), and use the CA cadence on line 2. While this is not really 2 short rings on line 2, its a faster cadence than line 1.

Thanks,
-Alan