Thanks for the replies everyone.

I am currently trying to send the SMDR data to one of our database servers that handles employee timeclock data. My hope is that I'll be able to parse out the SMDR data and dump it into our timekeeping database so payroll can track phone usage (we currently are having issues with employees staying late and simply talking on the phone all night). Management would like some data to look at and possibly make employee 'corrections' as they see fit.

I went through the Feature Programming Manual and set up SMDR to go out the serial port and moved a server near our phone system. I hooked up the 9pin cable we received with our phone system but do not see any data coming through in minicom. I set the serial port on the computer up as 9600 8N1 with no flow control (actually, I tried both hardware and software control just to be sure). I verified the speed/parity/data/stop bits settings in MATworx and they match how I setup the terminal's serial port.

I don't have any printers that I'd be able to hook up to our pbx so I can't try that.

Ideally I would like to be able to read this data through IP, but would settle for getting it through the serial port. Right now, I'd just like to see some SMDR data. grin

Happy New Year!!