Hello, one of my clients has a dsx-40 system with 7 IP key sets and 5 lines the lines are physical phone lines from charter. The system was installed by another company in November of 2011 and since day one the system has been nothing but trouble according to the customer. I have personally witnessed the following issues with the system.

1. Random freezing of the entire system
2. Extremely laggy stations
3. Certain stations at times have no dial tone until reboot of that station

When the system freezes usually a quick reset fixes it but sometimes they have to do that several times a day. Occasionally a reset won't fix it and you have to leave the system completely unplugged for a while and then it will work.

The stations are always laggy regardless of reboot or not. An example is say the phone is ringing and we pick it up if we just start talking like "thank you for calling abc company this is Jane how can I help you ?" The person on the other end of the call will hear "can I help you". You can only imagine how annoying that is.

The strange issue with the dial tone rarely happens but when it does it hangs out all day nod randomly effects different stations.

I have updated the key sets to 1.0.7.2 and the system to 3.42.

I have heard that some of these issues can be caused by hackers trying to login to the system but I can assure you this is not the case here. The customer has a firewall and all incoming ports are blocked. Also I have in trying to isolate the issue put the system on its own switch and completely separate network. No change in the issues.

I look forward to reading your suggestions.

Thanks.