Howdy,

I have two networked systems via SPNet. A 7400 v4.60 and a 7100 v4.60. They are networked via IP over a private point-to-point T1.

The 7100 has had a couple occurrences where the phones will ring and when they answer it there's no one there and the phone is STILL RINGING. Then after a couple rings, the caller is connected. This will progressively get worse until they can't answer at all or even press their voicemail key. I'll then log in remotely and reboot and all comes clear.

Most of their calls come across SPNet from the other office. They do however have a couple back up analog dialtone lines. At first glance I would think this is an IP issue but when I've called them on their own local POTS lines directly on their 7100 it seems to have the same delay. They answer the phone, Hello, hello, hello and it's still ringing and then I'm connected just as they're about to hang up.

Any thoughts? A routing loop coming from corporate that's effecting their whole system? How would one trace that?

The alarm section on the device manager is clear.

It would seem to me to be network related but effects the whole 7100.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.