I am hoping someone will throw me a bone and help out a bit. I help out at my son's elementary school with the networking and computer lab stuff. The other day the principle comes up to me and says, we need some of the names on the phone system changed and a few of the passwords reset. I say no problem, thinking to my self how hard can it be. She handed me this huge binder of all the manuals for the phone system. So I downloaded a maintenance console for the TVA50 thinking that using a computer would be the easiest way to do what they needed. I installed the usb driver on a XP laptop because most of the school system uses MAC. I plugged in the USB cord on the TVA50, started the maintenance console and got NOTHING. Windows says there is a hardware problem and has a yellow exclamation point on the USB driver.
I tried a few different things like re-installing the software, drivers, rebooting, changing usb ports but still got nothing.

Now here is the kicker. I figure no harm done. Never got into the system, never unplugged any phone lines, never flipped any dip switches. The next day they call me and now the voicemail is not working?? Keep in mind that I do not work there, just volunteer whenever I can to help out. They are a small non profit public charter school with limited funding.
I go in to see what happened and now the TVA50 has a red alarm light on? The assistant said they shut it off and restarted it, but no help. I looked at the phone book sized manual but found nothing. All I can find is stuff about initially installing the system and a lot of stuff related to the maintenance console.
I did a complete shutdown on both the TVA50 and TAW848 so they could start up together but still nothing.

I left today with the phones working as they should, but still no voicmail. You call in and all it does is ring ring ring non stop. The TVA50 just has a Green Run blinking light, and maybe switches to red alarm when someone calls in??

If anyone has any input, what so ever, I would be extremely grateful. Yeah, Yeah, I know, call the tech support or local dealer. At least I am looking to find out what I did wrong? Plugging in a laptop USB cable will mess up the system even if you don't/can't log in?? Can someone at least tell me how to get the voicemail system up and running again? Even with the wrong names on the extensions, at least it was working.

Thanks in advance