Had a good one the other day similar to this. A PRI customer was down when they came in Monday morning. So I log is and see OFLNE I reset card and still OFLNE. I call the carrier and report trouble ticket. Send the local tech (That i'm friends with) a text to check the circuit for me and give him the ticket number that repair gave me. He sends a message back says he's seeing a remote alarm they would be sending a tech out. This particular site is about a 100 yards away from the carriers CO and is fed with fiber.

He calls me when they get a tech on site and says it's testing clean. I asked him to have the tech on-site call me to make sure nothing got unplugged or if he unplugged anything to test that he made sure he plugged it back in. So I reboot the card, no go, do a power down, no go. I had a d-channel lock out and would not sync. I said to them can you make a test call from the circuit with your equipment? So they try 20 minutes later they call me back and said they are able to either!! I said I thought it tested clean?? My friend then tells me the tech that went on site to test the circuit his testing equipment was dead and all he did was look at the lights on the equipment and was working with another gentleman, not my friend so they said it tested clean. He was a little upset when he found this out. 7 hours later 5 people working on the circuit, and one unhappy customer, turns out to be a bad switch port that they were using for the fiber connection! They new it was bad 3 hours in but didn't tell me because there was only one guy that could configure a new port to move the circuit to!

Customer ask what she can do, I gave her the REP's name and number and said call barking! I get a call from the REP asking why I through them under the bus by explaining to the customer that they only had one person that could fix the solution and that what took so long! My response was "If you want me to refer customers to you, you better bring this up within your company as an issue and not berate me for your multi-million dollar company that cut costs so they don't have someone to fix shit that causes our MUTUAL customers grief since we were the ones that referred them to you for YOUR service"

End Rant!