Hello all. I have a question about moving or swapping a Superset Extension with a "Station" extension.

Gratuitous background: We currently have do not have a PBX service provider, and are moving to a hosted PBX in the near future. My company wishes to have me perform MAC operations until we migrate. I have "Computer guy" experience with Inter-Tel AXXESS systems.
The previous system maintainer, another IT Rep, has provided me an export from the PBX. It seems that they had only ever used the web interface to make changes.

We have a new employee starting in a few weeks and we need to place a SuperSet 420 or 4025 at their desk with an available DID. From the system export it seams that the only remaining extensions with DIDs have a Device Type as Station. We have a few available extensions that have a Device Type as SuperSet 420.

I ran a cross-connect from the desk jack to the PLID of the Superset extension. I understand that Inter-Tel systems can't directly swap an Analog extension with a Digital extension. Does the same hold true with Mitel SX2000's? I heard from someone that Mitel's have Hybrid ports that will allow you to plugin a Digital or analog phone on the same port. This sounds a little far fetched.

Is it possible to switch the device type in the web utility?

Thank you for any clarification you can provide.