Yeah I am kicking myself for not bidding on a blue one that was on Ebay a year or so ago with a 2500 set. At the time I didn't have a blue 2565 so I didn't think I would want one. Now I do and I do smile
Funny you mention your friend... I was actually considering messaging him on Ebay to ask if he could help out or give a recommendation. I have watched his auctions and his work is beautiful.

As for the penny trick thats awesome. I would have never thought of that. Sometimes the best solutions are the simplest. I wouldn't laugh about anything that worked. The lack of permanent mute is what has kept me from using my 4A at my desk for work. I spend a lot of time listening on work calls... smile

As for the blocks... Yeah I know all of this stuff is harder to find. In about 1994 I worked for a resort and we replaced the Dimension PBX switch with a Definity switch. At the time all retail and admin areas were on 1A2 and that was all ripped out for digital sets. There was literally a mountain of phones, panels, speakerphones, cables, call directors etc in one of the storage garages. I could have probably had whatever I wanted. Shame I didn't rummage through and get some stuff. Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose. At the time that stuff was literally worthless.