Is anyone here using Linux? If so, what is your favorite distro? Any particular likes or dislikes?

I use Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on several machines and have Linux Mint 13 (Maya) with Mate desktop loaded on another.

I've found that many people are still using a version of XP and are surprised when I tell them about Windows XP going EOL (End of Life) this coming April 8th.

Granted, their PCs will still continue to work. They just won't be secure. To some people, this matters, while others couldn't care less. To each their own, I suppose.

For those last diehards, one of the Linux distros may be able to buy them some time while they look for a new PC. Who knows, they may like it and choose to stay with it. There are many Live CD or DVD distros available as ISO images that can be burned to disk and run in real time without it making any changes to your existing OS. Take a look at www.distrowatch.com for more info.

While this may not be easy for the average Joe, it still may be a good option for his PC with older hardware that is still running XP. And did I mention that it's free?

I look forward to hearing any feed back.

Peter.