HI! I had a customer have a electrican install backup generator at there office over weekend , i did not know till i got a call that phone system was not working, Nortel cics V7, with call pilot 100, 8 co lines about 14 Tel. The system has a apc 500 , Power was on ,voltages were find , some telephone displays worked but buttons wouldn't respond,i could only hear analog ringer working, i shut everything off unplugged and pulled all cards , replugged everything , still wouldn't work, it would flash , reset , buttons wouldn't work, i did this about 3 times , i grabbed another system and just swapped the software , didn't help ,swapped whole system didn't help, put old system back in pulled all digital port jumpers and put them on 1 at a,time x221 worked , 2nd 3rd etc all started working on original system , i just had a few buttons on telephones to reprogram, was this a glitch caused from apc ups and generator?? I even had it plugged in a different outlet just in cause an it was the same. All is working but wanted to avoid this in future if this was the cause?? Thanks