Guys in this post https://sundance-communications.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/565621/2/A_couple_4A_questions we discussed a way to send power to an 82B connecting block on the violet/brown pairs (24 & 49)of the run to the KSU and then briging them to the AC terms on the block.

What I have found is that while an 82B block with a wall wart transformer seems to work fine if I try to use the 18V from the G+/- and S+/- on the KSU it will immediately cause some sort of short that blows the 18V fuse on the supply. Its not a dead short it appears to be some sort of bridge to the DC supplies and happens when the 108 speaker is plugged into the block (meaning the short is not in the 680, the feed line from the KSU, the option relay or the telephone set.

So the question is: can I make a KSU supply of 18VAC from my 551B work? Is there something that needs to be lifted and stored in the 108?

At first I thought I had a wiring problem but I took an 82B and hooked up the AC terms directly to the G+/- and S+/- (actually one wire) and POP.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Dimension Seven; 06/10/14 07:15 PM.