I just wanted to note that I'm just now seeing a similar problem that cropped up in the past week, and sounds very similar to Tom_Man's issue.

We have an Allworx 6x unit (Ver. 7.6.7.3) that has been running fine for us for over a year now. I initially configured the unit to send VM as email attachments and/or SMS notifications. We also use smtp.gmail.com:587 as our SMTP host/MTA and it has been working fine for over a year, until just recently...

Since 7/26 (or possibly earlier) the emails are not being accepted by GMail's SMTP host, and I'm seeing errors in the AllWorx log like this: "tSmtpC00: SMTP Relay: My EHLO name was rejected "

I assume that this may be due to a change on GMail's back-end, but does anyone else have any insight into the issue, or a work-around/solution? Again, I am assuming that this is a SMTP/MTA issue on the google side, but if anyone has any suggestions as to the underlying problem or how it can be resolved from the AllWorx end, I'd greatly appreciate any assistance.