I just purchased a used system that the seller said was from a working environment. I need help with the system, cant seem to get the phones to have any power.

The system came with:
Voice mail module a tvs-200(not hookedup at all rightnow.)
8ext box and an 4co box
13 phones kx-t7230.

As of rightnow the tvs has not been connected back up by myself. I simply connected jack on the kx-td1232(I will refer to this as the ksu from here on out) co1/2 to a single phone line. I simply got the amphenol cable I had that has already been connected to the punch block. I connected to a phone wire to pin to a 4wire phone cord at the jack that says "To EMSS". I than stripped the phone wire and connected the outer two to D1 and D2 of the jack for ext# 1. These are wires 27 for D1, and 2 for D2 on the punch block. I also tested the punch bock by connecting this wire into 26/1 and connected that to an analog phone and I have dial tone. Going back to connecting the digital phone(kx-t7230) via the outter two pins of the jack on the phone and to pins 27/2 I get a popping sound on the phone but the display doesnt display anything. What could I be doing wrong? Why cant I get the display to turn on and show anything on the screen?

I have only hooked up one extension and that is 1, and i've tried 2 of the 13 phones and both do the same thing. ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!@!!