Hello,

Our interface for the voicemail has been down for quite sometime. We have called our vendor to the property and they have been with the PMS tech support, but we are unable to get it fixed. I was wondering if anyone here had any tips or tricks. We have an old SX-200 phone system and Mitel Express Messenger Voicemail. The interface is just displaying gibberish and has code 28 error. The baud rate is set to 1200, N, 8, 1. There doesn't seem to be any red lights on the express messenger there is just a green status light. A DB9 connector converts to RJ45 runs upstairs and coverts into DB25 and then there is a null modem cable. The null modem cable converts back to RJ45 and then back to DB25 into the octopus cable into the PMS server. Any help is highly appreciated as we have been trying to get this fixed forever and the pms support guys just seem useless. Could someone confirm if I have the correct baud rate? Also, I wanted to mention that I can leave voicemails on any of my administration extensions and i can leave voicemails only on some rooms but the guest doesn't even have to be checked-in. This is why I don't think something is wrong with the express messenger. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.