Interesting, would never thought of that. I know with Icom rings and transfer rings it has a different cadence, but a standard phone call ring seems similar. I know the ACS seems to ring my old 500 and 2500 sets loud and clear. Some I had to adjust the bias spring, but that was it. I'm guessing the voltage is slightly lower (aside from the odd cadence of the aforementioned rings). The only question I would have at the moment about optioning an extension as a fax extension would be, am I going to get the fast wink I was getting before on the partner phones when a call went unanswered? Presumably because it thinks the fax is out of paper. I had asked that in a previous post and Touch Tone Tommy set me right. I had a partner extension optioned as a fax line and every time the phone rang it would start the 3 wink cadence. I just don't want that again. I think there's an option for a modem, which gives it a standard dial tone, even on the icom line, and no funny ring cadences.
I guess I don't necessarily have to put the 1A2 behind the ACS but it would be nice to have the intercom work between them. I'm only going to have 3 1A2 phones, at least for a while, so if I can make it work behind the ACS, that's my goal.

Last edited by ChrisRR; 09/01/14 11:39 PM.