Carl: I could never get 4-digit extensions to work on my TD, even though the manuals say it's supported. The PC software would always complained when I tried. The manual also references the different ring cadences, but I didn't see anything about changing it. I posed both problems to the Panasonic sub-forum a few months ago, but not a lot materialized. To the credit of the TD1232, though, I love how easy it is to configure hotline dialing.

For the curious, this is where I'm going: a flexible automation system with a cool 1A2/Bell System interface. Whatever PBX I use will be connected to my Astlinux box through CO trunks. The Astlinux box will be connected to some USB circuitry I'm designing to run relays/sensors/power monitoring gear. Getting Asterisk to trigger the relays and all that is pretty simple (all hail the System() command!).

Example scenario: alarm goes off at 6AM, I take my nightstand 2564 off hook, dial the Astlinux box and dial a few digits, and a contactor closes and turns on my coffee maker.

Asterisk is really only there for two reasons: (1) C*NET/Google Voice, and (2) Flexible I/O interfacing. There were a lot of design choices behind the latter that I won't bore everyone with, but I'll happily explain to the curious.

Last edited by njh621; 11/24/14 12:33 AM.