We are trying to set-up a PRI on the Summit System in our lab. We have a default MBX and the PRI works just fine you can make calls and receive calls, but we move the PRI over to the Summit and you can only receive calls. We have done numerous traces's and sent them to Vertical who has passed them on to LG. This has been going on for about two weeks now and no one can seem to find the problem.

We are the carrier as well using a Nortel DMS-10. The called party seems to be fine but the carrier is seeing ???? coming down the line for the "Calling party" and tells me it needs to be Local # in ISDN for 7 digits and National i# in ISDN for 10 digits. I have tried changing every option I can see in PGM 150 and 151 and can't seem to get it to work. LG wants more traces done.

Recap---Summit System PRI does anybody have any info on settings they have made using a PRI with the Summit. Genband tells me the DMS-10 and CS1500 provide the same PRI settings so if anybody has any dealings with either switches and can help out I would appreciate and input. Thanks in advance

K. Janssen