That ain't nothing....imagine going on a two week vacation for a milestone anniversary and Chase noticing your using your DEBIT card, yes debit is a key here, and they decide to freeze your account.

I was out with a group of 25 people when the waiter returns with my check & debit card saying that my account was frozen.

Seems they noticed purchases outside of my home area and decided to call me to verify everything was alright but couldn't reach me by calling my home telephone number they froze my account, my debit account.....the account that has my money in it.

I was beside myself, they not only had my home number but two cell numbers to call but stated they would only call the number listed as home.

After contacting them they told me they couldn't/wouldn't help me over the phone but I would have to go to a local branch in the morning or wait until I was back home even though I knew all the security questions and my SSN#.

The next morning they expected thanks from me in their steps to protect my account and didn't understand why I was upset.

I had my home phone# totally removed from the account and my cell# in its place and figured all was fixed from happening again I continued to use my debit card and upon flying home and arriving at 1030pm we proceeded to check out of long-term parking using my debit card and guess what...you got it they denied it so I used another card and on the drive home I received a call from Chase asking if I was using my debit card recently, I told them not anymore and hung up.

Last edited by Toshiba Bob; 07/01/15 10:10 AM.