I know this is pretty far our there for 2015 - a model 186 W - a pretty old bird. However, I'm certain there has to be someone who has had some experience in repairing these dials.

At least, I hope there is someone with a good suggestion!

For reference to this problem, I have been using another 186 that I recently acquired.

My 186 W's dial was stuck, so I took it apart to clean it. Upon reassembly, I noticed that I had the little block of contacts in the wrong place. At this moment, the phone could not dial the numbers 2,5,8, and 0. Everything else worked fine. This contact block is shown in picture A

Now, upon fixing the contact arrangement,referencing from another 186, nothing seems to work. Upon pressing a button, there is a little pop and a lessening of volume on the line. No audible tone can be heard. Upon removing the contact block completely, nothing is heard when pressing a button.

PICTURE A
[Linked Image from i57.tinypic.com]

I have had the dial apart now twice, and cannot seem to identify anything wrong with the dial. There are no noticeable contacts out of place.

I have included some pictures hoping to help users identify my dial. I'm hoping you may see an error and are able to aid me in fixing my dial.

PICTURE B
[Linked Image from i59.tinypic.com]

PICTURE C
[Linked Image from i58.tinypic.com]

I really appreciate any advice that is to be shared.

Last edited by PartyLIne4; 09/01/15 06:06 PM.