Well, I'm back with an update. It's too early to tell if the calls will stop as I've only used it once so far but I did get the thing built. When I'm at my desk and a suspected robocall rings in, I press and hold the button while answering the line. The three tone SIT is then sent. Before, when I answered the line I would say nothing and within a few seconds I would hear the "Hello, this is Carmen from cardmember services..." message. When I answered with the SIT there was few seconds of silence and then the call disconnected. Assuming this was the same daily robocall from "Carmen," which I suspect it was based on the number, it seems to have worked.
The TeleZapper has an RJ11 at each end and can be placed between the phone and the CO line or plugged into the CO line without a phone. It's normally triggered whenever a ringing line is answered. So the push button I added is used to just momentarily connect the device to the line while answering sparing the ears of legit callers. I used a 2 port surface mount jack to house the push button switch which is wired between the two jacks. The TZ plugs into one and the line into the other.
I bought the TeleZapper on Amazon at half price as a "Used: LikeNew" item and when it arrived it didn't work. I replaced the coin battery inside to resolve that and it's good to go.

Last edited by BruceR; 09/30/15 10:30 AM.

Why do I have to press one for English when they're just going to transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?