Hello all,

(My background: end-user of a Strat CIX40 system with a little bit of experience with phone systems install/setup/admin)

In our conference room, our conference table is in the middle of the room. Power runs to it up through the floor, but no phone/data. In order to use our conference phone, we have to lay the wire across the floor to the wall jack (the wall jack is a single copper pair directly to the phone company...not an SLT ext through the CIX40, but I plan on putting an SLT ext in the same jack or split to another jack in the same wall plate so we can test and eventually migrate to the SLT and away from the phone line).

I thought about getting one of those Wireless Phone Jacks, so I can move the phone jack up under the conference table so we don't have to drape it across the floor. It appears that WFJs are on their way to becoming obsolete technology as no one seems to stock them...I have to buy online. If I buy it & it doesn't work, it is a pretty expensive test (losing shipping fees to & from).

If I do go the SLT route, can these WFJs handle an SLT ext just the same as a regular phone line?

As far as I can tell, most of the WPJs are not really wireless...they are power-line technology/just run the signal down the electrical wires in the wall.

Are any of these units truly wireless (not power-line)? We only have to go about 5 feet from the wall to under the table. I figure wireless would work pretty well.

The power-line version might work. We are the smallest suite (out of 4; I'm guessing 10% - 15% of this floor) on the 2nd floor of a 4 story corporate office building. I'm guessing that our breaker panel is 50 - 100 feet down the hall. If the floor outlet is on the same circuit as the wall outlet, we probably don't have an issue with a power-line phone jack. The signal would only have to travel 5 - 10 feet in the walls/floors to its destination...probably wouldn't pick up a lot of interference from other equipment. But if they are on different circuits, the signal would have to travel down the hall and back. I'll have to find out from the property manager if the 2 outlets are on the same circuit...but if they find out what I am trying to do, they might have issue with it.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide,

CTB