Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed response. You've given me a lot more confidence in following up on this.

We have kind of the situation you spoke of, with multiple DIDs from different geographic areas. Right now, the system we're replacing has NO SIP support whatsoever, so I have 2 Grandstream 8-Port FXS gateways. I had one installed, but we recently added an 800 number, so I added a second gateway. There just feeding in to Loop Start lines in a Merlin Magix. We also have 4 analog trunks.

So gateway 1 has 4 channels dedicated to one DID, 3 channels to another DID and the last channel to a third DID. The second Gateway has 3 channels for 1 DID, 3 channels for the second DID and 2 Channels for a third DID.

So the channels go in to pools for each DID. The DIDs go to the operator queue, except the one for the toll free number, which goes to AA directly.

The dial plan is set up so that extension ranges 241x and 251x go to store 1, 242x and 252x go to store 2 and so on. We currently have 4 stores on the drawing board. The 24xx extensions don't show up on the Operator's DSS, but the 25xx range does. Some of the extensions are analog. I'm a little worried about having only 2 analog endpoints on the CIX40 Each store has 5 or 6 planned now.

I looked at the 670, too, and just running IP phones at the remote locations. But I still need to have access to one or two local analog lines at each location, so a CIX40 at each site sounds like the best bet.

If I were to need more than 2 analog FXS ports, does Toshiba offer any kind of add-on (like a module in a phone -- we have these on our Magix) or an external expansion to give it a few more FXS ports?

And outdialing...phones at individual stores should outdial on their specific DID. Under our old Nortel system, we had to use multi-tenant service to make that all work.

So, if I want to play around with a system to get to know it, what should I expect a CIX40 and a couple of phones to cost me, one DP5130-FSDL and one DP5122-SD? Do you sell the hardware?

Thanks,
Dylan

Dylan. SATUBAW (Some American techs use BIX as well)!