Devil's advocate here

We all know the colour code - blue, orange, green, brown,,, Let's terminate a four pair cable on an 8P/8C jack using 568B. The other end, being voice is terminated on BIX,, (or R66 blocks if you must wink ). Customer is using multi-line analog phones. Line one connects to blue pair, line two connects to green pair, line three connects to orange,, wait what? What happened to the colour code? Would that not make 568A the proper configuration? devilgrin

We did a cabling job for a customer, who did not specify how he wanted things terminated. Finished the job using 568A and their "IT professional" made us come back and reterminate the whole project B because "none of my computers work. I have B patch cords and you cannot mix them." He then proceeded to Google network wiring standards while he was lecturing me. Just smiled and nodded, reterminated everything, and sent them a bill.

Also, the previous comment about "buy any patch cord and it will be 568B" is not accurate. I have a stack here from StarTech, Belden and various others including generic no name and they are probably a 50/50 split of A and B.