When I was 18 in 1982, friends moved their restaurant into a building previously occupied by a real-estate company. TELCO disconnected and abandoned a full 1A2 system on the wall with 66 blocks, Mitel tone intercom and a half dozen GTE Type 186 phones, which I played around with in my spare time and got working to a fair degree (without manuals, so that was fun) just based on what I knew from a couple of Radio Shack books and playing around with discarded phones since I was about 12.

Anyway, my crazy hobby mission now is to recreate the setup based on what I remember. This was B.C. Telephone 'BC Tel' territory in British Columbia, Canada, and we were pretty much GTE all through from subscriber sets to payphones and at least the AE 186 and AE 187 multiline sets. The KSU on the wall I remember quite well, but for the fact I can't exactly remember whether it was a Northern Electric QUJ9A or the GTE Automatic Electric equivalent, and there are exactly zero pics of the GTE/ AE 10A2 KSUs out there on the web anywhere for comparison's sake - at all - except for one pic in a 1970 version of a GTE catalogue that actually seems to show 10A1 gear.

Does anyone here have a photo of the actual base wall model GTE/ AE 10A2 KSU inside and out so I can see if anything triggers my memory? I have the NE QUJ9A here already to compare against. Also interested in finding a copy of the GTE Key Telephone System Handbook covering the 10A2 KSU and system setup if anyone has one spare - or pointer to same - and would happy to buy a 10A2 basic wall model KSU if anyone here has one gathering dust in their basement smile

I want to rig it all up and surprise the heck out of some people I used to work with in that restaurant, who remember high school me tinkering with the KSU and 66 blocks like some kind of mad scientist from a 30s movie. Any help appreciated.