Good grief...

The two morons narrating these videos are precisely the reason why I got out of this business 20+ years ago. At the time I was working for a company that did commercial fire alarm and industrial security systems (we did nurse call and some phone systems as well.) We actually knew what we were doing AND took great pride in our work. Many times we would take over the service contracts for systems that were wired by idiots like this. What amazed me is the attitude of some of the so-called professional installers (usually electricians) who installed the original cabling. They would get annoyed when we questioned or corrected them usually making comments like "well it's not power" or (my favorite) "it doesn't have to look pretty, it just has to work." I can't tell you how many jobs I was on with newly installed wiring that had ground faults, shorts, miswired pairs, and split pairs because they didn't want to follow the standard color code (and even using different split pairs in between connection points - inconsistent being inconsistent.) We even serviced a hotel that had a delayed fire alarm activation during an actual fire due to a miswired smoke detector circuit that was "T-tapped."

Ed,

I got a laugh from the response that the moron in the first video made when you informed him of the error of his ways in the YouTube comments. Your analogy with the lamp cord was completely appropriate, but it's obvious that he has the "it doesn't have to look pretty, it just has to work" mentality.

Last edited by godfather; 12/20/16 04:24 PM.