Ok I'll try to explain this the best I can. I'm an I.T. guy not a telecom guy so please bear with me!

The Axxess system is hooked to a PRI. The Axxess/PRI passes caller info to all the digital handsets attached to the system. Caller info is not currently passed to analog devices attached to a SLC.

The bottom line of what I need is this: caller id info (10 digit phone number and/or caller name) passed on to an analog device (fax/document mgmt server).

Another way I can explain this is using a analog home phone with caller id. I need to be able to hook up an analog home phone with caller id to an analog port attached to the SLC and get the 10 digit phone number and/or caller name info to appear on the phone when the phone rings. I need this caller id feature on 4 of the 8 ports of the SLC.

'Caller id' can be regular Caller ID, ANI, or DNIS. The fax/doc mgmt server supports all 3 services.

If any of these services can be set up to pass the 10 digit phone number and/or caller name info over the SLC I can take it from there.

What I'm doing is replacing two existing fax machines with a 4 line fax/doc mgmt server. Currently the 2 fax machines are in an analog hunt group. If a fax machines is busy, and a fax call comes in using the same fax number, it goes to the other available fax machine. There is 1 incoming fax number that works with both existing fax machines.

We'll be expanding the analog hunt group to include 4 lines (ports, whatever). Then we can support 4 incoming/outgoing faxes at the same time. We'll still only have 1 incoming fax number.

What the fax/doc mgmt server needs the caller info for is this: The incoming faxes generally are from doctors offices. I'll be programming the doc mgmt portion of this so that when a fax comes from 123-456-7890/Dr. MacGyver (using caller id info) the server knows it's from Dr. MacGyver and places the fax (no hardcopy) in a Dr. MacGyver folder on the server. If a fax comes from 234-567-8901/Dr. Bridgeclip the server knows it's from Dr. Bridgeclip and places the fax in Dr. Bridgeclip's folder.

I hope all this makes sense. To sum all this up what I need is caller id info passed over the SLC to analog devices. This can be in the form of Caller ID, ANI, or DNIS. The local Inter-tel/Mitel tech will help me set this up. I just want to make sure it can be done before we get started.

Thanks for the help,
-Scott

Richmond Virginia Computer Consulting Services
www.RichmondComputerHelp.com