Hello...

We've been getting System Alarm #104 just about every day during the last two weeks.

I read on a previous post that the way to resolve this is to shut down the system, pull the battery strap to return the system to its default settings... start it back up and then restore the database.

I'm not a phone tech. (I'm a network tech.), but generally resolve most of the phone issues by reading and posting questions on this site... which is awesome, by the way.

I don't see a battery strap on our system. There's a place for a ground... with the symbol for ground present... but, no strap. There's a power supply card and also a steel, vented box screwed into the wall adjacent to the PBX with red and black wires leading back to the PBX. Does any of that sound like a "battery strap"?

Also, after backing up the system... when I go to do the restore is there anything to it besides firing-up DBStudio and selecting Database Restore from the Operations menu? Wouldn't the password for getting into the database be reset and, if so, is there a default password? How about the EVMC? Would any existing voicemails be affected by pulling the battery strap?

Thanks for bearing with these questions. I have an administrator's guide, but none of this is covered.

By the way... this is an Axxess 5.346 system.