Hi there. Brand new to this forum, and new to working on a Samsung system. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Short version: how do I program an incoming trunk line on a Samsung iDCS 16 system to ring only to two specific extensions, and then go to the voicemail box of one of the extensions if nobody answers?

---------------------------------

The (very) long version:

Being the "phone guy" for a friend, I was tasked with doing some programming on an existing Samsung iDCS 16 system. I have never worked on one of these systems before, and could use some advice on the best way to set up what my friend wants.

The existing system is installed at a golf course clubhouse, and my friend is now running the restaurant in the clubhouse. They want to have a specific incoming phone company line to the system be designated for the restaurant, and have that number ring exclusively at the phone(s) in the restaurant.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish that? In some Internet searches prior to posting this, I have found some light documentation about how to do some programming (phone speed dials and the like), but I haven't found a technician's manual. Is there one out there? Also, is this programming I can do on a system phone, or do I need to hook up a computer to the system to program it?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

UPDATE:

I couldn't get Samsung OfficeServ Manager to connect to this system, even with a nice old Windows XP laptop with an actual DB9 serial port which I've successfully used to communicate with other old computer systems that require a DB9 serial connection.

Regardless, I was able to muddle through some of the programming from a phone handset with the limited documentation I had found. Right now I've used MMC 406 (Trunk Ring Assignment) to change the line we wanted to ring directly to the restaurant to ring to the specific extension (previously it was ringing to the calling group for the Auto Attendant, as the other incoming trunk lines did). So far, so good, but there are actually two extensions in the restaurant (#207 and #209), and we'd like to set it up so that both of them ring when someone calls that number. I set up a normal calling group with "unconditional" ringing via MMCs 601 and 602 (group number 505) and put both restaurant extensions in that group. I then used MMC 406 (Trunk Ring Assigment) again to have the designated incoming trunk line to ring to 505.

That worked -- incoming calls would ring to both extensions, however, if nobody answered the phone I ran into problems:

1. I don't entirely understand the difference between Overflow time and Group transfer time. Can anyone explain that to me?

2. If I set the "next port" to the Auto Attendant/Voicemail group (group 509), the voicemail system would pick up, and would direct callers to leave a message at box 505. There is no box 505, and I don't want the restaurant folks to have to check two different boxes for voicemail messages.

3. If I set the "next port" to 207 (the restaurant extension that has an established voicemail box), the line would just ring forever when called, and never go to voicemail.

Can anyone help me with what settings I need to tweak to get both extension to ring when there's an incoming call to a specific trunk line, and how to get it to send unanswered calls to a specific voicemail box (207)? I'm really close with the way I left it -- just the second extension (209) doesn't ring right now since it's set to have that trunk only ring to 207, since ringing to the group didn't work to be able to leave a message -- that's all I'm missing now. Thank you in advance.