This will make you laugh.

We installed a telephone system into a mental health clinic. Verizon provided a POTS line, on copper, for the elevator. The elevator company installed their hands free elevator phone and tested it. Everything worked. This little piece of "pure gold" was relayed to me via the maintenance man who has nicknamed the Administrator "Janet from another planet."

Several weeks later, we get a call that something is wrong with the elevator phone. The "Administrator" stepped into the elevator and said she heard "Hello, Hello....is anyone there?" She immediately got off the elevator and called several of her "minions" to the elevator. She said "I think the elevator is haunted. I hear voices when I was on the elevator." So they all pile on the elevator and ride the thing for about 15 minutes. No voices.

A few days later, the Administrator got on the elevator and she heard "Hello...hello....can you hear me?" She got off the elevator, told the minions "There is definitely something up with this elevator." They all pile on, again, and ride the elevator for another 15 or 20 minutes, calling out to the "voice" to speak to them. Silence.

Frustrated, the Administrator called the main clinic and demanded that something be done.

Of course, I laughed and laughed and laughed. The poor girl on the other end was confused. "What's so funny?" she asked. I said, the phone number to that elevator was one previously used by someone else. It's obvious that someone who was used to calling the number was calling. The phone rang three times and then went hands free. The caller heard the Administrator get into the elevator and began saying Hello. "The elevator is not haunted," I said.

I figured that was settled and forgot about it. A month or two later, I got a call from the same girl at the main clinic. "The ghosts are back" she said. "They are hearing voices again." "This time, two of them heard it and they are convinced the elevator is haunted. We have to do something." she said.

So, I went to the clinic, got the Administrator and as many of her minions as would fit on the elevator and we took a ride. I was in the very back of the elevator, out of direct sight of the Administrator. I got out my cell phone and dialed the elevator number. Three rings and then silence. "What was that noise?" she said. I then spoke and said "This is GOD speaking." Everyone on the elevator broke out in laughter EXCEPT the Administrator who said "The other voice was different. I know this elevator is haunted!" With that, she got off and has never used the elevator since.

Just goes to prove, the more education and degrees one gets, the dumber they become. In that place, one can't tell the keepers from the inmates. Talk about stupid.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet